Sunshine Coast Travel Distances
If you're coming from overseas or from anywhere in Australia other than Melbourne or Sydney (in which case you could fly directly to the Sunshine Coast Airport), chances are you'll be flying into Brisbane Airport. Hiring a car is a great way to get to your accommodation on the Sunshine Coast and also means you're free to explore the area at your own pace, otherwise an airport transfer is the way to go. Most car hire companies offer GPS hire as an optional extra so you should just be able to plug in your destination and be on your way. We've provided the following information however to help you plan your holiday before you leave. It's actually about 100 kilometres between the southernmost and northernmost extremities of the Sunshine Coast region, so travel distances and times will vary depending on where you are staying.
Distance by road from Brisbane to...
Distances from Brisbane to the most popular Sunshine Coast holiday locations are listed below. View route links take you to Google maps and opens in a new window.
- Bribie Island: 74.3 km (about 1 hr 10 mins) - view route
- Caloundra: 92.8 km (about 1 hr 10 mins) - view route
- Mooloolaba: 99.2km (about 1 hour 15 mins) - view route
- Coolum Beach: 120km (about 1 hr 30 mins) - view route
- Noosa: 137km (about 1 hr 45 mins) - view route
- Glass House Mountains: 70km (about 1 hour) - view route
- Maleny: 93km (about 1 hr 15 mins) - view route
- Montville: 100km (about 1 hr 20 mins) - view route
Distances between places on the Sunshine Coast
Once in the Sunshine Coast region, distances by land are quite manageable, the main locations often only a short drive from each other. A couple are even within walking distance! Use the table below to get an idea of scale.
|21 km||4 km||Maroochydore|
|38.5 km||23 km||19 km||Coolum Beach|
|55 km||40 km||35 km||17 km||Noosa Heads|
|56 km||41 km||36 km||18 km||1 km||Noosaville|